Cheery Cherry

shutterstock.com

shutterstock.com

Somehow I always feel better when I eat cherries. Perhaps it is the fact that they help me sleep or the fact that they reduce inflammation and muscle pain or the fact that they keep my metabolism at the optimum level. That list of benefits goes on and on. Yet, cherries are not for everyone. Despite the fact that cherries are not one of the top eight food allergens, they can cause problems for those with pollen allergies. Common symptoms involve the skin, the mouth and the intestines. Eating cherries may cause mouth tingling, nausea and vomiting, hives or itching, nasal congestion and a metallic taste in your mouth. In some rare cases anaphylactic shock may occur. If you can cleanse a cherry thoroughly as well as bake it, you just might be able to escape the symptoms of a cherry allergy. 

GLAZED CHERRIES