It’s no secret that “Green Juice” has been all the rage for living a healthy lifestyle. But did you know that this yummy concoction can also save you from those painful migraines?
One of my favorite things about green juice is that it is so customizable! I have tried so many different variations that not only get me through the day, but are all super tasty. Get ready to dive into the magic of this miracle drink! But first, let’s take a look at some, but not all, of theingredients that are typically found in a cup of green juice and why they help with migraine relief:
- Kale: Kale juice has a high alkaline content and is filled with vitamin K. Vitamin K helps with blood circulation and reduces inflammation, a very common migraine trigger.
- Spinach: Like kale, spinach also has anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains high amounts of potassium and magnesium. Your body needs good sources of magnesium for proper cell metabolism and blood vessel function. The potassium element of spinach is also a very strong pain killer.
- Cilantro: This delicate green contains high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids which have tremendous anti-inflammatory properties. Cilantro also contains a great amount of phytonutrients which play a big role in relieving migraines.
- Pineapple: Pineapple has large quantities of bromelain which aids in pain relief when it comes to migraines. Bromelain also helps the body neutralize fluids so that it is not too acidic or alkaline.
- Honeydew: This fruit is hydration central with it’s large sources of potassium. Potassium helps with maintaining and keeping the water levels in the body to a healthy amount. Remember, dehydration is a major migraine trigger!
- Celery: Celery has high levels of magnesium and potassium which help with proper cell metabolism, blood vessel function and pain relief. It also contains polyacetylene which has anti-inflammatory properties.
With this information in mind, how about we pair some of these ingredients together to make a delicious and pain relieving green juice! Give this recipe a try and feel free to customize it as you wish!
- 1/2 Pineapple
- 3-4 Kale Leaves
- 1 Stick of Celery
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/4 Lemon
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Root
Blend away and drink up! Say hello to a migraine free summer!