Well, it’s that time of year again. School’s out for the summer and parents everywhere are wondering one thing. What’s a healthy snack to keep everyone happy and healthy during the summer months? Most kids will be enjoying the long summer days playing at the beach, running in the park, going camping, heading off to camp, or playing softball with the neighbors. Whatever the activity of choice is, it is important that stay nourished with all that activity. Let’s think outside the box for just a second and discover a great alternative to all those packaged snacks and frozen treats that are the usual go-to for an easy summer snack. Why not whip up something simple that will take less time than actually going to the grocery store? If this sounds like a great idea to you, try out this PB&J Pop recipe that is loaded with ingredients that will make you and your little one smile.
PB & J Pops
· 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter, smooth
· 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
· 1 cup milk, divided (any type)
· 1/2 cup your favorite no sugar added fruit preserves
1. Combine the peanut butter, honey and 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Whisk the preserves and the remaining milk in a separate bowl to combine.
3. Pour both mixtures into 2 separate liquid measuring cups for easy pouring.
4. Pour 2 tbsp of the peanut butter mixture into each Dixie cup, followed by 3 tbsp of the fruit preserves mixture.
5. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Pour the remaining peanut butter mixture on top. Poke a popsicle stick in the middle of the cups.
7. Freeze for at least 6 hours or more.
*Recipe adapted from- http://weelicious.com/2011/09/13/pb-j-pops/
Click here to download the ContentChecked app where you can find this and many more parent and kid approved recipes.