Lack of sleep can be a major migraine trigger! Use these simple tips to improve your sleep and hopefully get rid of some of those painful migraines.
- Create a sleep schedule – and stick to it!
- Use the bed only for sleep & sex; this tells your brain that your bed is for relaxing only
- Finish any snacks or drinks at least one hour before bedtime
- Dim light in your home 2 hours before bedtime to get in a relaxing state of mind
- Include physical activity in your daily schedule. Note: Heavy exercise can be a migraine trigger, make sure to find physical activities that suits you
- Turn off all electronics an hour before bedtime
- Create a bedtime ritual that you do every night (e.g. taking a bath or reading a book)
- Drink a relaxing, caffeine free, cup of tea an hour before bed. Try a special “before bed” tea like ‘Night Time’ one from Pukka
- Don’t snooze in the morning! Those extra minutes seem like heaven in the morning, but it’s a sure way of ruining your sleep